The Best Booking Sites
(Updated March 2023)
As an avid traveler, I often find myself trying to put together the most enjoyable trip possible for my available budget.
For me it's a fun challenge to book the best hotels, flights and tours at the cheapest prices and as easily as possible.
At some point I decided to gather my preferred and best booking sites on this website.
Below you will find the best booking sites in one place.
In addition I included my best current booking tips and tricks.
Tip: Bookmark this site (add to favorites), so you always have this handy overview at hand!
Best Hotel Booking Websites
First my best hotel booking sites will be discussed.
Further on, I will discuss other relevant travel, vacation and holiday booking categories and sites.
With this handy shortlist you'll have the best hotel booking guide for a great trip or vacation at a suitable budget.
1. Tablet Hotels
Tablet Hotels specializes in affordable Boutique Hotels around the world.
The hotel booking site has the most and best functioning filters.
The one with most reviews and lowest prices.
This hotel booking site has an award winning app.
Great hotel deals and the best phone support.
The best hotel site with super last minute deals.
Best Flight Booking Sites
What sites to use to book a cheap and / or perfectly scheduled flight?
For your best flights, I can recommend the following websites:
Momondo searches many websites at once. It displays the flight schedules of lots of airlines. It shows the cheapest airline tickets available at the chosen day and time.
The Kiwi site is specialized in finding cheap tickets on low-cost carriers.
Kayak offers many convenient search options. You can quickly search by multiple dates. Kayak also looks at flights at surrounding airports.
Skyscanner has been finding the cheapest tickets for years. It is probably the most well-known flight booking site worldwide.
Best Tours, Things to do, Activities, Ticket Booking Sites
Once at your destination, you often want to do something. It's convenient to arrange certain tours and things to do in advance.
These are the best sites to select and book your tickets.
Top Flight, Hotel Booking and Travel Tips and Tricks
Apart from checking out the best booking sites. Quite a few tips and tricks can help you to get cheap deals and a pleasent travel or vacation.
My best hotel, flight booking and travel tips and tricks for you are:
- Many tourist regions have their own hotel, house and appartment booking website. On these sites the offer may differ from more general search engines and sites. The same accomodation can also be offered cheaper since less commissions have to be remitted. Check out if your destination has such a local booking site. Most of the time these sites can't afford a huge budget on (online) marketing, so do no hesitate to click a bit further in your search results.
- Popular destinations are often much more expensive than some lesser-known ones. Booking an "out of the box" destination can save you a lot of money on hotel and airfare. It can also keep you away from the big crowds.
- Sunday flights are the cheapest! Several large-scale studies have shown that booking a flight on Sunday is a smart way to get a good price.
- Try to avoid the high season. If you don't necessarily have to go in high season, there are plenty of reasons not to: lower prices for booking travel and lodging, more choice, cheap tours and less crowds.
- Once you have a shortlist of hotels that you might want to book, always check if these hotels also have their own booking site. Check if you can book your room even cheaper directly or if more options are offered. The same goes for airline tickets. You can often book directly with any airline.
- Try different lengths of stay and dates. It can make a big difference if you arrive and leave on slightly different days.
- On average, it is cheapest to book an airline ticket 8 weeks in advance (based on a survey of 250 million airfares).
- Click through the booking process as far as the point of payment to see the actual, final price with any surcharges or fees.
- Are you going to rent a car at your travel destination? Then also be sure to check the total price (including proper insurance) just before payment. If you are taking a short, compact trip, it's comfortable and time saving when the car can be picked up and returned at the airport itself. And not through a transfer at a parking lot elsewhere. (This information is always listed somewhere on the booking site.) This can also be an advantage when traveling with children. If you have more time, then booking a car at a transfer location is less of a problem and often cheaper. The shuttle bus transfer from the rental company will take you there and back.
- If you opt for minimum rental car insurance, the return process may take longer because there may be a queue for the intake check. (With full cover insurance, you only have to turn in the keys.) In that case, make sure you get to the airport on time to avoid stress. Due to your travel enthusiasm or fatigue, do not forget to check and film the car in good light when picking it up. This way there is never any disagreement about damages afterwards. Especially if they see you filming, you are hell ahead of possible dispute or scams ;-). Do not leave on your trip until all previously created damages are indicated on the rental form.
- Last but not least: Whatever you book, always double check the dates (and duration). And especially for flights, make sure your entered name is exactly the same as on your passport.
Bonus: Best Car Booking & Rental Sites
Once you have arrived at your travel destination, you may find it convenient to have a car at your disposal.
You probably want to rent a neat car with no (shady) hassles at the best price.
With these car rental and booking sites (and the booking tips / tricks mentioned above), it's a snap.
This way, your travel will be pleasant from start to finish.
Enjoy booking your best and affordable trip easily, with this handy overview!
Please social share if you like :-)
Browse and book your entire trip covenient and wisely from one continuously updated page,
bookmark Bestbookingsites.com (add to favorites)!